My favourite film - Mój ulubiony film
My favourite film of all times is 'Forrest Gump', a Robert Zemeckis movie based on a Winston Groom novel of the same name. Released in 1994 the film was well received by the critics and the audience alike. It became a commercial success for weeks being on the top of the American box office. It also garnered numerous awards and nominations including Academy Awards and Golden Globe Awards.
Forrest Gump is a comedy-drama film. It is about a simple man who, sitting at the bus stop, tells us the story of his life.
It all begins when Forrest goes to school for the first time. He meets a girl named Jenny who becomes his best friend and probably the most important person in his whole life. They spend all their time together and Jenny defends Forest when he is bullied by other boys. He is being consequently persecuted because of his low IQ and inability to defend himself. Fortunately it turns out that Forrest is a great runner and the bullies are not able to catch up with him.
In spite of his low IQ Forest's unusual ability to run enables him to get a football scholarship at the University of Alabama. On graduating from the college he decides to enlist in the army where makes friends with Bubba – a very strong recruit whose family owns a shrimping business....
- A letter to an English friend in which you recommend places worth visiting in Poland - List do przyjaciela z Anglii, w którym polecasz mu miejsca warte odwiedzenia w Polsce
- Spending free time: description of a picture - Spędzanie czasu wolnego: opis obrazka
- Description of a living room - Opis salonu
- You found an advert in a newspaper about a course in English. Write a letter to get more information - W gazecie znalazłeś ogłoszenie o kursie języka angielskiego. Napisz list, by zdobyć więcej informacji
- What is truly important cannot be bought (essay) - Tego, co naprawdę ważne, nie można kupić za pieniądze (esej)
- Description of a favourite season - Opis ulubionej pory roku
- Your friend suggested you should go away for the Easter together. You have already planned this time with your family. Write a letter - Twój przyjaciel chce wyjechać razem na czas Wielkanocy. Masz już plany rodzinne. Napisz list
- My favourite kind of music (description) - Mój ulubiony rodzaj muzyki (opis)
- A short apology letter to friends about not being able to come to a party - List przeprosinami do przyjaciół ze względu na niemożność przyjścia na zabawę
- Global problems and issues: poor and homeless. Description of a picture - Światowe problemy i kwestie: biedni i bezdomni. Opis obrazka
- A diary fragment - Fragment z pamiętnika
- CV - Życiorys
- Education in Polish schools - Edukacja w polskich szkołach
- A film review - Recenzja filmu
- Advantages and disadvantages of shopping online (essay) - Wady i zalety robienia zakupów w Internecie (rozprawka)
- Girls' passions: description of a picture - Pasje dziewczynek: opis obrazka
- Review of a science magazine (English-language) - Recenzja czasopisma naukowego (angielskojęzycznego)
- My favourite television programme - Mój ulubiony program telewizyjny
- A letter of apology about a loud party - List z przeprosinami za zbyt głośne przyjęcie
- Ways of spending free time - Sposoby spędzania wolnego czasu