A film review - Recenzja filmu
Pedro Almodovar is a world-famous director. His movies are mostly well received by critics and the audience alike. He is valued for his sensitivity and the ability to present controversial issues in an inimitable way. Therefore every time I am about to watch his films I expect that it will be a masterpiece – just like 'Volver' or 'Todo sobre mi madre'. When I decided to watch 'Los abrazos rotos' a week ago I had the same expectations. However it turned out that in life there are always ups and downs and it is not so easy to create works of art one by one.
This is a very complicated story. The main character is a director and a writer who uses two names – Mateo Blanco and Harry Caine which is his artistic pseudonym. He tells his friend’s son, Diego, who works with him as a screenwriter the story of his life. Especially about some events connected with a woman with whom he fell in love.
The woman, Lena (portrayed by Penelope Cruz) works as a secretary. Her father is very ill and cannot afford to pay for the most effective treatment. As he may die Lena begins to work as a call girl to save his life. To her surprise her boss, Ernesto Martel, becomes one of her clients. He wants her to be with him all the time and, in return, he offers to pay for all...
- What is truly important cannot be bought (essay) - Tego, co naprawdę ważne, nie można kupić za pieniądze (esej)
- Description of a favourite season - Opis ulubionej pory roku
- Your friend suggested you should go away for the Easter together. You have already planned this time with your family. Write a letter - Twój przyjaciel chce wyjechać razem na czas Wielkanocy. Masz już plany rodzinne. Napisz list
- My favourite kind of music (description) - Mój ulubiony rodzaj muzyki (opis)
- A short apology letter to friends about not being able to come to a party - List przeprosinami do przyjaciół ze względu na niemożność przyjścia na zabawę
- Global problems and issues: poor and homeless. Description of a picture - Światowe problemy i kwestie: biedni i bezdomni. Opis obrazka
- My favourite film - Mój ulubiony film
- A diary fragment - Fragment z pamiętnika
- CV - Życiorys
- Education in Polish schools - Edukacja w polskich szkołach
- Advantages and disadvantages of shopping online (essay) - Wady i zalety robienia zakupów w Internecie (rozprawka)
- Girls' passions: description of a picture - Pasje dziewczynek: opis obrazka
- Review of a science magazine (English-language) - Recenzja czasopisma naukowego (angielskojęzycznego)
- My favourite television programme - Mój ulubiony program telewizyjny
- A letter of apology about a loud party - List z przeprosinami za zbyt głośne przyjęcie
- Ways of spending free time - Sposoby spędzania wolnego czasu
- A letter to your parents from London where you came to study - List do rodziców z Londynu, gdzie przyjechałeś na studia
- Description of Easter - Opis Wielkanocy
- The Internet will never replace a real contact with another person. Do you agree? (opinion) - Internet nigdy nie zastąpi prawdziwego kontaktu z drugą osobą. Czy się z tym zgadzasz? (opinia)
- How to spend winter holidays? - Jak spędzić ferie zimowe?