A ghost story - Opowiadanie o duchach
It was the first time we were about to visit the cemetery at night. We left my house at 2 a. m. and went along a narrow path. There was almost no moonlight. Even though it was much darker than we’d expected, nobody made any complaint – nobody wanted to be regarded as a coward.
I went first. I was the oldest one but that was not the reason. Among others there was Betty, our neighbour’s daughter, in whom I’d fallen in love with. I had to show that I was not afraid of anything and although in fact I was shaking with fear, I stayed calm on the outside.
The closer the cemetery was, the more anxious we were. Finally, we reached the gates. Only after I had turned back did I realize that there were only four persons out of six. Nobody knew what had happened to the missing two. It was too late to come back, though. As we reached our destination, we were determined to watch John Millners’ grave. (...)
- My dream boyfriend (characteristics) - Mój wymarzony chłopak (charakterystyka)
- An advert about a lost thing - Ogłoszenie o zgubie
- Should government improve roads or public transportation? Essay - Czy rząd powinien ulepszać drogi czy transport publiczny? Esej
- Write a letter to a language school abroad to get more information about a course - Napisz list do zagranicznej szkoły językowej, żeby uzyskać dodatkowe informacje na temat kursu
- What are some important qualities of a good boss? Use specific details and examples (essay) - Jakie cechy powinien posiadać dobry szef? Użyj szczegółów i przykładów (esej)
- Sport - doping in sport. Has sport become a drug-related business, concentrated on money? True or false? - Sport - doping w sporcie. Sport jako biznes związany z narkotykami i pieniędzmi? Prawda czy fałsz?
- Write a letter to your friend from Scotland and tell him how you avoided an accident in mountains - Napisz list do kolegi ze Szkocji o tym, jak udało ci uniknąć wypadku w górach
- John's big day (story) - Wielki dzień Jasia (opowiadanie)
- Childhood: description of a picture - Dzieciństwo: opis obrazka
- A letter to a newspaper in reference to the article - List do gazety w odpowiedzi na artykuł