A day of my childhood (story) - Dzień z mojego dzieciństwa (opowiadanie)
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
I was a six-year-old boy at that time. I could barely write or read anything. My four-year-old brother wasn’t capable of doing even that. We spent most of our time playing football. Our father was a professional football player at that time and it was understandable that his sons were going to play football too.
Even though we used to play football long hours my story is not going to be about it - it doesn’t even concern sports. It’s going to be about an adventure in the country.
One of our grandmothers lived in a village. In most cases we were not very fond of going there since we couldn’t play with our friends. We were forced to compete with each other and if tired we used to go home and watch TV.
Our mum didn’t approve of our behaviour. In her opinion we were spending too much time together and too little with our grandmother. Neither me nor my brother agreed with her. From our point of view we sacrificed enough having to stay in the country. Although I could barely read or write I could speak quite well. However we were not supposed to discuss with our parents. Our mum shouted at us and criticized the way we behaved.
That was too much. We decided not to listen to her complaints anymore and run away. We opened the garden gate and headed for the nearest forest. We had never reached it though. On our way to the forest, while crossing the meadow, we ran into a hedgehog. We had never seen this creature before and it was so engrossing that we totally forgot about what we were about to do.
The hedgehog seemed to be afraid of us. It was lying in the grass motionless. We could probably see that but we were too curious to leave it alone and so we both agreed that we could take it home. One of us came back to take a bucket because we didn’t want to be hurt. After a while the hedgehog was inside and we were on our way home. This is how our runaway finished.
- A story in which a failure of a certain device gives the main character an unexpected job offer - Opowiadanie, w którym awaria jakiegoś urządzenia sprawia, że główny bohater nieoczekiwanie otrzymuje propozycję pracy
- You're looking for a native speaker to improve your English before an exam. Write an advertisement - Szukasz lektora, by poprawić swój angielski przed egzaminem. Napisz ogłoszenie
- Story about an unfortunate love - Opowiadanie o nieszczęśliwej miłości
- What do young people read and why? Is it possible that paper books will be replaced by eBooks? (opinion) - Co czytają młodzi ludzie i dlaczego? Czy jest możliwe żeby, książki papierowe zostały wyparte z naszego życia przez ebooki? (opinia)
- A description of a game - Opis gry
- In a restaurant - conversation (making an order) - W restauracji - dialog (składanie zamówienia)
- Boys' passions: description of a picture - Pasje chłopców: opis zdjęcia
- How to help protect the environment: description of a picture - Jak pomóc w ochronie środowiska: opis obrazka
- Car accident - description of an accident - Wypadek samochodowy - opis wypadku
- Food and tastes: compare and contrast. Description of a picture - Jedzenie i gusty: zestaw i porównaj. Opis obrazka
- At school: description of a picture - W szkole: opis obrazka
- My favourite music band - Mój ulubiony zespół
- Media in our life: description of a picture - Media w naszym życiu: opis obrazka
- Unexpected meeting. A story - Niespodziewane spotkanie. Opowiadanie
- Commercialised holidays? Are Christmas and Easter commercialised? Essay - Skomercjalizowane święta? Czy Boże Narodzenie i Wielkanoc są skomercjalizowane? Esej
- A formal invitation to a party - Zaproszenie na przyjęcie (formalne)
- A description of your favourite city - Opis twojego ulubionego miasta
- Some people treat their pets as members of their family. In your opinion, are such relationships good? - Niektórzy ludzie traktują swoje zwierzęta jak członków rodziny. Twoim zdaniem, czy takie relacje są dobre?
- Description of autumn - Opis jesieni
- Pet - can it be a better friend than a human? (essay) - Zwierzę - czy może być lepszym przyjacielem od człowieka? (esej)