My favourite film - Mój ulubiony film
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
My favourite film of all times is 'Forrest Gump', a Robert Zemeckis movie based on a Winston Groom novel of the same name. Released in 1994 the film was well received by the critics and the audience alike. It became a commercial success for weeks being on the top of the American box office. It also garnered numerous awards and nominations including Academy Awards and Golden Globe Awards.
Forrest Gump is a comedy-drama film. It is about a simple man who, sitting at the bus stop, tells us the story of his life.
It all begins when Forrest goes to school for the first time. He meets a girl named Jenny who becomes his best friend and probably the most important person in his whole life. They spend all their time together and Jenny defends Forest when he is bullied by other boys. He is being consequently persecuted because of his low IQ and inability to defend himself. Fortunately it turns out that Forrest is a great runner and the bullies are not able to catch up with him.
In spite of his low IQ Forest's unusual ability to run enables him to get a football scholarship at the University of Alabama. On graduating from the college he decides to enlist in the army where makes friends with Bubba – a very strong recruit whose family owns a shrimping business. Bubba convinces Forrest that having left the army they should run the company together. When both friends are sent to Vietnam it turns out that Bubba’s plans will never be put into practice. Forrest’s friend dies in an ambush. At the same time Forrest thanks to his running skills becomes a hero saving much of his platoon, along with his platoon leader.
Forrest, while in recovery after being shot, realises that his running skills are not his only ones. Playing ping-pong most of the time he reaches an international level gaining popularity and becoming a real celebrity. This is not the thing that he is really longing for though. He still thinks about Jenny and finally, at an anti-war demonstration in Washington, he reunites with her. Unfortunately he loses her once again.
After coming from Vietnam Forrest needs to start a new life. As a popular sportsman he achieves success running a company that makes ping-pong paddles. He earns enough to buy a shrimping boat, what he finally does, willing to fulfil his promise given to Bubba. His former platoon leader joins Forrest and although they are initially not successful finally make lots of money out of it.
One day when Jenny comes back to visit Forrest he proposes to her. She is not willing to marry him though. Therefore she rejects his proposition but wants to show him her love and does it by having sex with him. The next day Forrest wakes up all alone. Unexpectedly he hits the road and keeps running across the country what takes him more than three years and makes him famous.
At the end of the film it turns out that his presence at the bus stop is not accidental. Jenny saw him running on TV and asks him to visit her. When he is already there she introduces him to their son also named Forrest. Jenny and Forrest finally move back to Alabama and get married but their happiness is not about to last long. Jenny dies soon afterwards and Forrest stays with his son waiting for his first day at school.
The story of a simple man called Forrest makes me laugh and cry almost at the same time. I find his journey through life more involving than any other I am familiar with. It’s really amazing to accompany him - observe him influencing popular culture and taking part in the most important historical events of his times. When he tells us the story the listeners at the bus stop change. Their attitude is different – some of them are bored with his words, some fascinated. I’m pretty sure that most of those who have ever seen the movie reacted like the last ones while watching it.
Podobne wypracowania do My favourite film - Mój ulubiony film
- A letter to an English friend in which you recommend places worth visiting in Poland - List do przyjaciela z Anglii, w którym polecasz mu miejsca warte odwiedzenia w Polsce
- Spending free time: description of a picture - Spędzanie czasu wolnego: opis obrazka
- Description of a living room - Opis salonu
- You found an advert in a newspaper about a course in English. Write a letter to get more information - W gazecie znalazłeś ogłoszenie o kursie języka angielskiego. Napisz list, by zdobyć więcej informacji
- What is truly important cannot be bought (essay) - Tego, co naprawdę ważne, nie można kupić za pieniądze (esej)
- Description of a favourite season - Opis ulubionej pory roku
- Your friend suggested you should go away for the Easter together. You have already planned this time with your family. Write a letter - Twój przyjaciel chce wyjechać razem na czas Wielkanocy. Masz już plany rodzinne. Napisz list
- My favourite kind of music (description) - Mój ulubiony rodzaj muzyki (opis)
- A short apology letter to friends about not being able to come to a party - List przeprosinami do przyjaciół ze względu na niemożność przyjścia na zabawę
- Global problems and issues: poor and homeless. Description of a picture - Światowe problemy i kwestie: biedni i bezdomni. Opis obrazka
- A diary fragment - Fragment z pamiętnika
- CV - Życiorys
- Education in Polish schools - Edukacja w polskich szkołach
- A film review - Recenzja filmu
- Advantages and disadvantages of shopping online (essay) - Wady i zalety robienia zakupów w Internecie (rozprawka)
- Girls' passions: description of a picture - Pasje dziewczynek: opis obrazka
- Review of a science magazine (English-language) - Recenzja czasopisma naukowego (angielskojęzycznego)
- My favourite television programme - Mój ulubiony program telewizyjny
- A letter of apology about a loud party - List z przeprosinami za zbyt głośne przyjęcie
- Ways of spending free time - Sposoby spędzania wolnego czasu