A ghost story - Opowiadanie o duchach
It was the first time we were about to visit the cemetery at night. We left my house at 2 a. m. and went along a narrow path. There was almost no moonlight. Even though it was much darker than we’d expected, nobody made any complaint – nobody wanted to be regarded as a coward.
I went first. I was the oldest one but that was not the reason. Among others there was Betty, our neighbour’s daughter, in whom I’d fallen in love with. I had to show that I was not afraid of anything and although in fact I was shaking with fear, I stayed calm on the outside.
The closer the cemetery was, the more anxious we were. Finally, we reached the gates. Only after I had turned back did I realize that there were only four persons out of six. Nobody knew what had happened to the missing two. It was too late to come back, though. As we reached our destination, we were determined to watch John Millners’ grave. It was widely considered to be haunted. Some people claimed that they had seen his ghost, floating over other graves.
We were just like other kids – this was only one of the things that we did out of curiosity. We pretended to be fearless but the chill ran down our spines every time we stepped on a twig. I knew that Betty was afraid...
- A job offer - Oferta pracy
- My favourite day - Mój ulubiony dzień
- My free time (description) - Mój czas wolny (opis)
- Hard time: description of a picture - Trudny czas: opis obrazka
- You're throwing a welcome party for your friend. Write an invitation - Organizujesz przyjęcie powitalne dla kolegi. Napisz zaproszenie
- An advert about a lost proprerty - an advert about a lost object - Ogłoszenie o zgubie - ogłoszenie o zgubionej rzeczy
- Is fashion important? How fashion affects our clothing. Essay - Czy moda jest ważna? Wpływ mody na nasz sposób ubierania się. Esej
- A short story - Krótkie opowiadanie
- People are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Write an essay - Obecnie ludzie żyją dłużej. Omów przyczyny tego fenomenu. Napisz esej
- You organize a winter holiday trip. Write an invitation to English exchange students - Jako klasa organizujecie wycieczkę w czasie ferii. Napisz zaproszenie do uczniów z wymiany z Anglii
- London's historical attractions (description) - Zabytki Londynu (opis)
- My favourite restaurant - Moja ulubiona restauracja
- An essay on environment - is building highways a chance or a threat? - Esej o środowisku - czy budowa autostrad jest szansą, czy zagrożeniem?
- Teenagers taking up sport professionally - pros and cons. Essay - Nastolatki uprawiające sport profesjonalnie - zalety i wady. Esej
- A couple in love: description of a picture - Para zakochanych: opis obrazka
- First love experience: description of a picture - Pierwsze doświadczenie miłosne: opis obrazka
- E-mail to your future English host family in relation to your arrival for a language course - List do przyszłych angielskich opiekunów w związku z przyjazdem na kurs językowy
- Journey around the world - the cities of the world (description) - Podróż dookoła świata - miasta świata (opis)
- A letter of complaint about the hotel - List ze skargą na hotel
- How many different kinds of friends are there? (essay) - Czy istnieją różne rodzaje przyjaciół? (esej)