A story about a strange encounter - Opowiadanie o dziwnym spotkaniu
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
On boarding the ship I made my way to the cabin. Having left my luggage there I decided to get to know what the ship looks like. I had never travelled this way before and I was really interested in the way the whole thing worked.
At first, I visited the restaurant. To my surprise, the menu wasn’t much different from those in casual restaurants. I thought of staying there for a moment but, in fact, I didn’t feel like eating anything so I finally left. I began to wonder why there were so few people outside. Only from time to time I met some people, most of them eating sandwiches, some vomiting. Fortunately, I didn’t feel seasick and therefore I could continue 'doing sightseeing'.
Finally, when I had already talked to the captain and a few sailors, it crossed my mind that I could spend some time on deck. The weather was pretty fine, so I didn’t have to be afraid of huge waves or strong wind. I was just standing there, admiring landscapes, when a young man stood next to me.
- John Hopkins – he introduced himself.
- Don Draper, nice to meet you – I answered.
- You too, Mr Draper – the man smiled.
We were standing there for a while, smoking cigarettes and not saying anything. That lasted a few minutes and, out of the blue, he asked me:
- Have you ever been in love, Mr Draper?
- Yes, why are you asking? – I seemed confident but I was really surprised with his question.
- I’ve been in love once – he said. – But there is nobody I can love now. If there is anybody you love that you are not with, don’t waste your time.
His words left me speechless. I was shocked since I couldn’t expect that a stranger would talk to me that way.
Excuse me, what do you have in mind? – I asked.
Remember, there is no time to lose – he answered. – An iceberg may appear unexpectedly and you will never have another chance. Don’t make the same mistake as I did.
I couldn’t believe what I’d just heard. His words sounded so weird that I wanted to go away. I decided to look back, though and then the weirdest thing happened. There was nobody in there. John disappeared...
Podobne wypracowania do A story about a strange encounter - Opowiadanie o dziwnym spotkaniu
- Advantages and disadvantages of using mobile phones (essay) - Wady i zalety używania telefonów komórkowych (rozprawka)
- My holidays (description) - Moje wakacje (opis)
- Love story - Historia miłosna
- Travel in time - if you could travel in time, would you choose past times or future? (opinion) - Podróż w czasie - gdybyś mógł podróżować w czasie, wybrałbyś przeszłość przy przyszłość? (opinia)
- While shopping in a mall you bought a new phone. Next day it stopped working. Write a letter to the producer - Będąc na zakupach w centrum handlowym kupiłeś nowy telefon. Następnego dnia przestał działać. Napisz list do producenta
- A description of a day at school - Opis dnia w szkole
- Description of a dream garden - imagine that you are an architect, your task is to design a fantasy garden - Opis wymarzonego ogrodu - wyobraź sobie, że jesteś architektem, masz za zadanie zaprojektować baśniowy ogród
- Description of a teacher - Opis nauczyciela
- My idol (description) - Mój idol (opis)
- It was only a dream (story) - To był tylko sen (opowiadanie)
- Eating habits in Poland - Zwyczaje żywieniowe w Polsce (polskie zwyczaje żywieniowe)
- Living in a big city or in a village - what do you prefer? (opinion) - Mieszkać w dużym mieście czy w wiosce - co wolisz? (opinia)
- Romance and a romantic date: description of a picture - Romans i romantyczna randka: opis obrazka
- Romantic story - Romantyczna historia
- Description of birthday - Opis urodzin
- Work and duties: description of a picture - Praca i obowiązki: opis obrazka
- Description of my day - Opis mojego dnia
- A letter of apology about not being able to visit your English friend - List z przeprosinami do przyjaciela z Anglii, którego nie byłeś w stanie odwiedzić
- Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Do you agree or disagree? - Niektórzy sądzą, że lepiej uczyć się samodzielnie niż z nauczycielem. Zgadzasz się z tą opinią?
- Letter of applicatoin for a job - a guardian during youth camp - List motywacyjny - opiekun na obozie młodzieżowym