Description of Easter - Opis Wielkanocy
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
Easter is an important holiday for my family. For this special time all family members meet, even if they live in different parts of the country. During Easter holidays we can all get together and spend a lot of time with relatives that we don’t see often.
A few days before Easter the preparations start. The most important thing are Easter eggs. We boil eggs, and then paint them in many colours. Some eggs are covered with wax and painted after that, which makes them look really pretty. Others are decorated with crayons. Easter eggs are small works of art. My mother and grandmother bake traditional Polish Easter cakes: babka and mazurek. They are sweet cakes with raisins and chocolate topping.
On the morning of Holy Saturday we prepare a special Easter basket. It is a small basket with various things to eat. We put in it Easter eggs – which are the symbol of life – meat, salt, horseradish and cake or bread. There is also a lamb made of sugar or chocolate, the symbol of Jesus Christ. The basket is covered with a white napkin and decorated with spring flowers and springs of boxwood. Boxwood is very characteristic for Easter. The dining table in our home is also decorated with it. We later take the basket to the church. In the front of the church stands a long table where people put their baskets. A priest says a prayer and blesses the baskets with holy water.
Easter Sunday is the most important day of Easter. On this day all the members of the family get together to eat the traditional Easter breakfast. It starts with święconka – the food blessed on Holy Saturday. Everyone should eat it. After the breakfast we eat babka and mazurek. Later we all go to church for a mass. We are Roman Catholics and for Catholics Easter is the most important religious holiday, because on this day we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.
Podobne wypracowania do Description of Easter - Opis Wielkanocy
- CV - Życiorys
- Education in Polish schools - Edukacja w polskich szkołach
- A film review - Recenzja filmu
- Advantages and disadvantages of shopping online (essay) - Wady i zalety robienia zakupów w Internecie (rozprawka)
- Girls' passions: description of a picture - Pasje dziewczynek: opis obrazka
- Review of a science magazine (English-language) - Recenzja czasopisma naukowego (angielskojęzycznego)
- My favourite television programme - Mój ulubiony program telewizyjny
- A letter of apology about a loud party - List z przeprosinami za zbyt głośne przyjęcie
- Ways of spending free time - Sposoby spędzania wolnego czasu
- A letter to your parents from London where you came to study - List do rodziców z Londynu, gdzie przyjechałeś na studia
- The Internet will never replace a real contact with another person. Do you agree? (opinion) - Internet nigdy nie zastąpi prawdziwego kontaktu z drugą osobą. Czy się z tym zgadzasz? (opinia)
- How to spend winter holidays? - Jak spędzić ferie zimowe?
- Weight and eating disorders: description of a picture - Waga i zaburzenia odżywiania: opis obrazka
- Describe your ideal house - Opisz swój wymarzony dom
- You have agreed to go skiing with your friend next weekend. Unfortunately you have to study for an exam. Write a letter - Umówiłaś się z koleżanką na wyjazd na narty w przyszły weekend. Niestety musisz przygotować się do egzaminu. Napisz list
- Relax and holidays: description of a picture - Relaks i wakacje: opis obrazka
- English weather - description - Angielska pogoda - opis
- A child of famous parents - to be a child of a celebrity: advantages and disadvantages - Dziecko sławnych rodziców - być dzieckiem celebryty: zalety i wady
- First day at school - Pierwszy dzień w szkole
- A description of a holiday celebrated in Poland - Opis święta obchodzonego w Polsce