A letter to your parents from London where you came to study - List do rodziców z Londynu, gdzie przyjechałeś na studia
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
Dear Mom and Dad,
When I came here a month ago I didn’t realize that I could have so many problems in here. I thought everything would be just fine but, in fact, it turned out that living and studying here means a great challenge for me.
Nevertheless, the course I’m attending is really great and I think I won’t be disappointed that I have finally decided to study in London. Lecturers are really demanding but they can also explain most of the things pretty clearly. There is no point in comparing them to those in Poland – especially because they seem to behave more casually. You can always come and ask about some topics that you are particularly interested in. In Poland you can’t even think of it.
What is more, other students are very friendly. You don’t feel as if somebody competed with you. I wish it was the same in Cracow but I suppose that it is a matter of mentality. People studying here are more willing to get to know each other. I have already made friends with some of them and we are having a great time together.
However, as I mentioned before, not everything is perfect. I still have some problems with my English. It happens that I lack words and can’t say what I would like to. Maybe this is how it must be but you know how I hate not knowing something...
Aside from that, I really miss Polish food, especially mum’s dinners. I can agree that British cuisine is not among the best ones. I have already tried a few dishes and now I would feel sick if I had to eat a traditional English breakfast once again.
Fortunately, the world has changed so much that you can get Polish products in Great Britain too. I hope that I will come back home for Christmas and I’m sure that all the dishes prepared by mum will make up for the lack of tasty food in here. Hope to hear from you soon.
- A diary fragment - Fragment z pamiętnika
- CV - Życiorys
- Education in Polish schools - Edukacja w polskich szkołach
- A film review - Recenzja filmu
- Advantages and disadvantages of shopping online (essay) - Wady i zalety robienia zakupów w Internecie (rozprawka)
- Girls' passions: description of a picture - Pasje dziewczynek: opis obrazka
- Review of a science magazine (English-language) - Recenzja czasopisma naukowego (angielskojęzycznego)
- My favourite television programme - Mój ulubiony program telewizyjny
- A letter of apology about a loud party - List z przeprosinami za zbyt głośne przyjęcie
- Ways of spending free time - Sposoby spędzania wolnego czasu
- Description of Easter - Opis Wielkanocy
- The Internet will never replace a real contact with another person. Do you agree? (opinion) - Internet nigdy nie zastąpi prawdziwego kontaktu z drugą osobą. Czy się z tym zgadzasz? (opinia)
- How to spend winter holidays? - Jak spędzić ferie zimowe?
- Weight and eating disorders: description of a picture - Waga i zaburzenia odżywiania: opis obrazka
- Describe your ideal house - Opisz swój wymarzony dom
- You have agreed to go skiing with your friend next weekend. Unfortunately you have to study for an exam. Write a letter - Umówiłaś się z koleżanką na wyjazd na narty w przyszły weekend. Niestety musisz przygotować się do egzaminu. Napisz list
- Relax and holidays: description of a picture - Relaks i wakacje: opis obrazka
- English weather - description - Angielska pogoda - opis
- A child of famous parents - to be a child of a celebrity: advantages and disadvantages - Dziecko sławnych rodziców - być dzieckiem celebryty: zalety i wady
- First day at school - Pierwszy dzień w szkole