A person I will never forget - my grandmother (characteristics) - Osoba, której nigdy nie zapomnę - moja babcia (charakterystyka)
She didn’t have much money. Therefore she couldn’t afford to buy me expensive presents and meals on her table were not the most sophisticated ones. However I don’t think that there was any person who loved me more or cared for me as much as her. Unfortunately she is already dead but beyond any doubt I will never forget her. I want to tell you about my grandmother, Yvonne.
She was born in 1930 in Drohobycz. When she was a child World War II broke out and she was forced to work very hard in order to get by. Fortunately all her family members survived but they had to leave their houses at the end of the war since Drohobycz was not in Poland anymore.
My grandmother along with her family moved to Wrocław. Everything there was different and strange. She had new neighbours most of whom also moved to the city just after the war. It took some time till she got used to it and forgot about the awful things she had experienced. Probably thanks to my grandfather who lived nearby and began to adore her.
When they got married my grandparents didn’t stay in Wrocław, though. They wanted to live somewhere in the country, far away from the big city and its noise. They settled down in a small village where my mother was born. My grandfather became a...
- A break up: description of a picture - Rozstanie: opis obrazka
- If I were rich... - Gdybym był bogaty...
- Does it pay to be superstitious? - Czy warto być przesądnym?
- Description of my room - Opis mojego pokoju
- Actor and a theatre: description of a picture - Aktor i teatr: opis obrazka
- How does advertisement influence human? - Jak reklama wpływa na człowieka?
- Should we learn foreign languages? (essay) - Czy powinniśmy uczyć się języków obcych? (esej)
- Students should be required to attend classes or they should feel free to choose? What's your opinion? - Studenci powinni być zobligowani do uczestnictwa wykładach czy też mogą wybrać sami? Wyraź swoją opinię
- Job and profession: a musician. Description of a picture - Praca i zawód: muzyk. Opis obrazka
- My summer adventure (story) - Moja wakacyjna przygoda (opowiadanie)
- A spooky story - Straszne opowiadanie
- Do you think technology and media have made cultures around the world more similar? How? (opinion) - Czy uważasz, że nowoczesne technologie i media sprawił, że kultury całego świata zaczynają się do siebie upodabniać? Jeśli tak, to w jaki sposób?
- My hobby (description) - Moje hobby (opis)
- An essay on environment protection - Esej o ochronie środowiska
- A summer job you would like to have - Praca wakacyjna, którą chciałbyś mieć
- Advertisement of a trip - Reklama wycieczki
- Arguments and suffering: being hurt. Description of a picture - Kłótnie i cierpienie: bycie skrzywdzonym. Opis obrazka
- Job interview (marketing specialist) - Rozmowa kwalifikacyjna (specjalista ds. marketingu)
- A guidebook around Cracow (excerpt) – Przewodnik po Krakowie (fragment)
- Description: my best party ever - Opis: moja najlepsza impreza