Should supermarkets be closed on Sundays? (essay) - Czy supermarkety (sklepy) powinny być nieczynne w niedzielę? (rozprawka)
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
The law enacted by the Parliament which regards no trade on Sunday is still stirring emotions. People are divided into two groups – these who are against it and these who are in favour. The act that bans trading on Sundays tells distinctly that 'there are no reasons why the owners or other people working on a civil contract could not work in any retail outlet during holidays or on Sundays'.
The act was passed in October 2007 despite the protests of the owners of retail outlets and the workers themselves. The owners of supermarkets were bursting with indignation aptly deducing that the rush during the weekends is the most profitable one. During these two free days the majority of Poles would do their shopping. On Saturdays and Sundays it is scarcely possible to find a free parking place in front of any supermarket, and one is often made to wait for a free trolley. The weekend turnover is the highest in the whole week.
Closing the markets on Sundays and during holidays is tantamount to depriving the owners of huge profits. The next aspect that cannot be neglected is the impact on unemployment caused by trading prohibition on Sundays. Many workers are doing odd jobs on Sundays, and decrease in the amount of hours to work will result in decrease in general employment. The law is merciless. The trade prohibition regards both Sundays and public and church holidays.
The amendment to the bill introduces exceptions to the rule. Trading on Sundays may be allowed when regarded as 'a must work on the account of public utility and casual needs of the society'. The retail outlets may be opened on Sundays if the workers are the owners or people working on contract for a specific task. It is profitable for small and medium enterprises and it is common that one will be served by the shop owner on Sunday.
It is impossible for supermarkets however and that is why they are closed on that day. It is really hard to decide whether the law passed by the Parliament is good or not as it has both important drawbacks and advantages.
- When I was a child... Adventures and memories - Kiedy byłem dzieckiem... Przygody i wspomnienia
- Advantages and disadvantages of life on retirement
- Exchange students are going back home soon. Build a questionnaire for the purpose of gathering information about their stay in Poland - Uczniowie wymiany wkrótce wracają do domu. Napisz ankietę, by zebrać informacje o ich pobycie w Polsce
- My dream job (description) - Moja wymarzona praca (opis)
- Sunset years and being retired: description of a picture - Jesień życia i bycie na emeryturze: opis obrazka
- Description of an invention – Opis wynalazku
- Everyday activities (description) - Codzienne czynności (opis)
- The most inspiring experience of my life - Najbardziej inspirujące doświadczenie mojego życia
- An advert about a job as a waitress (I am looking for a job as a waitress) - Ogłoszenie o pracę jako kelnerka (szukam pracy jako kelnerka)
- Friendship or love is the most important in life? (essay) - Przyjaźń czy miłość jest najważniejsza w życiu?
- Live and let live - the issue of tolerance – Żyj i pozwól żyć innym – problem tolerancji
- A letter of complaint about the food and service in a restaurant - List ze skargą na jedzenie i obsługę w restauracji
- English - passport to the future (essay) - Angielski - paszport do przyszłości (esej)
- Alice in Wonderland - the strangest adventure that happened to her (story) - Alicja w Krainie Czarów - najdziwniejsza przygoda, jaka ją spotkała (opowiadanie)
- Sport or science? Courts or libraries? What should universities invest in? Essay - Sport czy nauka? Korty czy biblioteki? W co powinny inwestować uniwersytety? Esej
- An E-mail to a famous person for an interview - E-mail do sławnej osoby z prośbą o wywiad
- A story about an accident on the road - Opowiadanie o wypadku drogowym
- Description of dream winter break - Opis wymarzonych ferii
- Women's rights, human rights: description of a picture - Prawa kobiet, prawa człowieka: opis obrazka
- My honeymoon - description – Mój miesiąc miodowy - opis