Advantages and disadvantages of life on retirement
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
Most of us have never thought of being retired. This may be an odd vision and undoubtedly seems to be a very distant one. However, it is also unquestionable that once we are going to reach a certain age in which we will not be fit enough to work. Although it may be hard to imagine such a situation, all of us know some people who already are pensioners. For instance our grandparents are among them. Even if an issue of being retired is not considered to be particularly absorbing, I suppose that everybody may enumerate advantages and disadvantages of it.
Many people who have to wake up early in the morning not to be late for work, sometimes mention that they would love to be in retirement. Working long hours, coming home late, they do not have any time to live their lives and do anything for pleasure. One may even forget some day that they used to have a hobby. According to those hard-working employees, retiring means more time for entertainment – you can do whatever you want. You can wake up late, stay all day in pyjamas and instead of listening to your boss blaming everything on you, you may watch TV or take up new hobbies.
At work, you cannot take a break whenever you want, whereas in retirement you may benefit from an eternal break. As a result, you do not have to ask anybody for permission if you want to go on a trip. At the same time those who work have to take a leave if they want to rest or to take a journey.
What is more, it seems that pensioners should be less tired than those who spend most of their time at work. Apart from it, their mood may be better since they are not exposed to as many stressful situations as workers. Probably a great number of those who feel exhausted after having finished their day at work, fell so because of the atmosphere in there. Persons who have already retired do not have to face that kind of problems anymore.
However, it is hard to regard life in retirement as paradise. If we are not creative enough to make use of it or if there are other obstacles, which are independent of us, being a retired person may be disappointing. Depending on a country, pensioners are wealthy or live in poverty. In Poland for example, pensions are very low. Therefore, most of the people try to save money while being younger to get by on retiring. Contrary to people of their age, living in Western Europe, Polish pensioners mostly cannot afford to travel abroad. The vast majority of them is only able to satisfy their basic needs. This is obviously a huge disadvantage of being retired in our country.
Moreover, although retired people can rest all day, most of them are not able to appreciate it. Although we are only about to discuss the matter of life on retirement, we should consider advantages and disadvantages in terms of age. Unless we do it, we will not see the whole issue from a proper perspective. Meanwhile, pensioners are often too old to search for opportunities or discover new things. Having worked for thirty years or even more, they already are tired a great number of them suffer from serious diseases.
Apart from that, many people experience loneliness while on retirement. Especially for those who lost their spouses or whose family members do not care about them, life on retirement can be very painful. Even if they are physically in good condition, they might find it hard to fully benefit from it.
To sum up, depending on a case, life on retirement can be wonderful or depressing. If there is enough money and a person does not suffer from severe diseases, one may enjoy this time a lot. On the other hand, due to the lack of money and weakness, it can be regarded as the worst thing that may happen to us. Thus, we should consider the matter in context.
- Description of an adventure (winter holidays) - Opis przygody (ferie zimowe)
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement: 'People pay too much attention to the less important things in life'? (essay) - Czy zgadzasz się ze stwierdzeniem: „Ludzie przywiązują zbyt dużą wagę do kwestii mało istotnych w życiu”? (esej)
- If you could change one important thing about your country, what would you change? (essay) - Gdybyś mógł zmienić jedną istotną rzecz w twoim kraju, co by to było? (esej)
- A person you know is planning to move to your town. What do you think he would like and dislike about living there? (opinion) - Twój znajomy planuje przeprowadzkę do twojego miasteczka. Jak myślisz, co będzie mu się tutaj podobało, a co nie? (opinia)
- Description of a neglected place that could become a tourist attraction - Opis zaniedbanego miejsca, które mogłoby stać się atrakcją turystyczną
- Letter of application for security agent/ security guard - List motywacyjny - agent ochrony/ pracownik ochrony
- Influence of new technologies on people - is life easier today than in the past? Essay - Wpływ nowych technologii na ludzi - czy życie jest dziś łatwieje niż w przeszłości? Esej
- Interview for a job (waitress) - questions and answers - Rozmowa kwalifikacyjna o pracę (kelnerka) - pytania i odpowiedzi
- Security or freedom and independence? Essay - Bezpieczeństwo czy wolność i niezależność? Esej
- When I was a child... Adventures and memories - Kiedy byłem dzieckiem... Przygody i wspomnienia
- Exchange students are going back home soon. Build a questionnaire for the purpose of gathering information about their stay in Poland - Uczniowie wymiany wkrótce wracają do domu. Napisz ankietę, by zebrać informacje o ich pobycie w Polsce
- My dream job (description) - Moja wymarzona praca (opis)
- Sunset years and being retired: description of a picture - Jesień życia i bycie na emeryturze: opis obrazka
- Description of an invention – Opis wynalazku
- Everyday activities (description) - Codzienne czynności (opis)
- The most inspiring experience of my life - Najbardziej inspirujące doświadczenie mojego życia
- An advert about a job as a waitress (I am looking for a job as a waitress) - Ogłoszenie o pracę jako kelnerka (szukam pracy jako kelnerka)
- Friendship or love is the most important in life? (essay) - Przyjaźń czy miłość jest najważniejsza w życiu?
- Should supermarkets be closed on Sundays? (essay) - Czy supermarkety (sklepy) powinny być nieczynne w niedzielę? (rozprawka)
- Live and let live - the issue of tolerance – Żyj i pozwól żyć innym – problem tolerancji