A letter to an English friend who is coming to Poland - List do przyjaciela z Anglii, który przyjeżdża do Polski
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
I am looking forward to seeing you here in Poland. I have dozens of funny stories to tell you and a handful of interesting places to show you here on the spot. I miss you very much and although only two months have passed since we saw each other, I still have an impression that we have not seen each other for ages. I would like you to send me detailed information concerning the date and time of your arrival so that I would be able to pick you up from the airport.
I prepared even a plan of what we will be doing when you will eventually come. How about making a trip to Cracow and Warsaw – the previous and the current capitals of my country? However, I hope I will be able to show you the city I live in above all. We will go to the cinema and go shopping of course. I know that you are very keen on shopping and it will be the only possibility in your life to see the greatest shopping centre in all of Europe. My city is famous for the number of supermarkets and shops. It may be both disadvantage and an advantage but regarding you… There is probably no better place in Europe for you! What will stir up your emotions are the means of public transport which we will certainly use. Especially as your are not used to the realities in Poland, the uncertainty of arrival of a tram or bus and their appearance. It might sound ridiculous but it can really be an attraction of one’s life. We are still using such models that you will describe by two words: museum piece.
To satisfy the tradition we will of course visit a museum other than the streets of Łódź. There is quite great number of them in my city so there is a large selection of them. There is a highly interesting museum of biology that will certainly be worth seeing.
These and other attraction are awaiting your arrival but you can take for granted that I will allow you to relax and rest after the long journey to Poland. Please tell me what else you would like to see in Poland and I will do my best to make it possible for you.
- Sport or science? Courts or libraries? What should universities invest in? Essay - Sport czy nauka? Korty czy biblioteki? W co powinny inwestować uniwersytety? Esej
- An E-mail to a famous person for an interview - E-mail do sławnej osoby z prośbą o wywiad
- A story about an accident on the road - Opowiadanie o wypadku drogowym
- Description of dream winter break - Opis wymarzonych ferii
- Women's rights, human rights: description of a picture - Prawa kobiet, prawa człowieka: opis obrazka
- My honeymoon - description – Mój miesiąc miodowy - opis
- Review of a display - critical review - Recenzja z wystawy - recenzja krytyczna
- Cloning - advantages and disadvantages (essay) - Klonowanie - zalety i wady (rozprawka)
- Theatre play review - Recenzja sztuki teatralnej
- My ideal life (description) - Moje wymarzone życie (opis)
- Smoking in public places - for or against? (opinion) - Palenie w miejscach publicznych - za czy przeciw? (opinia)
- Thanks to microwaves and fast food restaurants, food has become easier to prepare. Do you think it's beneficial to society? (opinion) - Dzięki mikrofalówkom i barom fast food jedzenie stało się łatwiejsze do zrobienia. Czy to dobre dla ludzi? (opinia)
- You're on a sport camp. Write a postcard to a friend from England - Przebywasz na obozie sportowym. Napisz pocztówkę do znajomego z Anglii
- The influence of human on environment - do we destroy the Earth or make it a better place to live? - Wpływ ludzkości na środowisko - czy niszczymy Ziemię, czy czynimy ją lepszym miejscem do życia?
- My family today and in the past (comparison) - Moja rodzina dziś a kiedyś (porównanie)
- A terrible day at school - Straszny dzień w szkole
- Tabloid journalism - tabloids. Should they pay less attention to celebrities' lives? Essay - Dziennikarstwo brukowe - brukowce. Czy powinny przywiązywać mniej uwagi do życia gwiazd? Esej
- Famous traditions in England (description) - Znane zwyczaje w Anglii (opis)
- Studying abroad, for example in England - for or against? (essay) - Nauka zagranicą, na przykład w Anglii - za czy przeciw? (esej)
- Easter traditions - Tradycje Wielkanoce