A terrible day at school - Straszny dzień w szkole
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
It was 8 a. m. Nowadays I would be still asleep but then I had to be at school. My lessons started at 8 a. m. almost every day at that time and even though I can’t remember how I did it, I managed not too be late day by day. I can only recollect that I used to be very sleepy when the first lesson was about to begin. Yes, I never liked waking up early and when some teachers made us take exams during our first lessons, I mostly got 'E' or even 'F'.
Friday was the only exception. I was not supposed to use my brain then because there was always a P. E. lesson at the very beginning. I’m not much of a sportsman and I never was but I appreciated the fact that I didn’t have to think much and I could move a bit. However at times especially in winter those lessons made me sick. We were not allowed to play, balls were hidden in a storeroom and we were forced to do gymnastics.
Needless to say I hated gymnastics. I thought of gymnastics as a girlie sport. I was either bored or frightened when we were about to do it, since I wasn’t skilful enough to do most of the exercises correctly. Sometimes I had to hide not do an exercise. I knew that most of my classmates would probably ridicule my performances as they had already done it in the past.
I didn’t have luck at the beginning of that day. It turned out that my alarm clock failed and therefore I was late for my P. E. lesson. I couldn’t remain unseen then. To make matters worse our P. E. teacher picked me out and I was supposed to demonstrate one of the exercises. I felt terrible. I was afraid that I was going to fall down once again or that I wouldn’t manage to do the exercise. My mind was racing and I could hear the heart beating in my chest. Suddenly, it all went dark...
When I regained consciousness I realized that the whole class gathered around me. Were they sympathetic? No. Scarcely had I opened my eyes when my classmates began to laugh at me. Never before had I experienced something so humiliating. As I remember that day I came back home earlier and I felt deep sadness. There was nobody in my class who had supported me.
- Review of a display - critical review - Recenzja z wystawy - recenzja krytyczna
- Cloning - advantages and disadvantages (essay) - Klonowanie - zalety i wady (rozprawka)
- Theatre play review - Recenzja sztuki teatralnej
- My ideal life (description) - Moje wymarzone życie (opis)
- A letter to an English friend who is coming to Poland - List do przyjaciela z Anglii, który przyjeżdża do Polski
- Smoking in public places - for or against? (opinion) - Palenie w miejscach publicznych - za czy przeciw? (opinia)
- Thanks to microwaves and fast food restaurants, food has become easier to prepare. Do you think it's beneficial to society? (opinion) - Dzięki mikrofalówkom i barom fast food jedzenie stało się łatwiejsze do zrobienia. Czy to dobre dla ludzi? (opinia)
- You're on a sport camp. Write a postcard to a friend from England - Przebywasz na obozie sportowym. Napisz pocztówkę do znajomego z Anglii
- The influence of human on environment - do we destroy the Earth or make it a better place to live? - Wpływ ludzkości na środowisko - czy niszczymy Ziemię, czy czynimy ją lepszym miejscem do życia?
- My family today and in the past (comparison) - Moja rodzina dziś a kiedyś (porównanie)
- Tabloid journalism - tabloids. Should they pay less attention to celebrities' lives? Essay - Dziennikarstwo brukowe - brukowce. Czy powinny przywiązywać mniej uwagi do życia gwiazd? Esej
- Famous traditions in England (description) - Znane zwyczaje w Anglii (opis)
- Studying abroad, for example in England - for or against? (essay) - Nauka zagranicą, na przykład w Anglii - za czy przeciw? (esej)
- Easter traditions - Tradycje Wielkanoce
- Description of a board game - Opis gry planszowej
- Holiday destinations: compare and contrast. Description of a picture - Miejsca wakacyjnych wyjazdów: zestaw i porównaj. Opis obrazka
- Travelling by plane or by train? Opinion - Podróżowanie samolotem czy pociągiem? Opinia
- Description of a park - Opis parku
- What are some important qualities of a good school teacher? (characteristics) - Jakie są najbardziej istotne cechy dobrego nauczyciela? (charakterystyka)
- Extreme sports and hobbies: description of a picture - Sporty i hobby ekstremalne: opis obrazka