Advantages and disadvantages of the Internet (essay) - Zalety i wady Internetu (rozprawka)
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
How would our lives look like without the Internet? Such an idea may soon be included in a science-fiction movie plot, this is how unlikely it seems to be. Most of us can barely remember the times when we could deal without this invention. In many regions it’s commonly used and its popularity is still growing worldwide. The majority of world leaders are of the opinion that Internet access equals progress and try to provide their countries with this facility. Does the Internet have any disadvantages?
It certainly does, but undoubtedly what we notice at the very beginning are its advantages. First and foremost, in today’s fast moving world, the Internet along with mobile phones enable us to communicate as quickly as it is required. As for the Internet, there is also no better way to gain information about any aspect of our everyday lives. This means all sorts of events, educational issues, seeking for job opportunities and many others.
Moreover, thanks to the Internet you won’t waste your time while planning various activities. If you don’t want to miss your flight, you can check the schedule on the Internet. Aside from it you can also book tickets and make a reservation at a hotel in your destination place. Let alone familiarizing with all the free time activities available in the area that you are about to visit.
Another advantage of the Internet is that all the world’s knowledge is within your reach. You don’t have to leave your house and spend hours looking for books or newspapers. Most of the things that have ever been written or created in any other way are available on the Internet. When it comes to exchanging ideas, it’s also priceless. Thanks to the Internet getting to know a person from the other part of the world is not a problem anymore. Thus, mixing concepts from different cultural backgrounds is now more common than ever before.
However, everything has its pros and cons, and so does the Internet. Even though it’s thought to be extremely beneficial, there are some negative aspects as well. Firstly, it’s necessary to mention that surfing the Internet may be addictive. Not as highly as taking drugs but there is a certain group of people who cannot imagine doing anything else. Needless to say, the effects of living this way are disastrous.
Furthermore, children should use the Internet only under their parents’ supervision. Concerning the fact that nobody has to reveal their true personality there, some people can be endangered. Children mostly trust in what they are told and therefore may be deceived by those who want to hurt them – especially paedophiles.
To sum up, even the best inventions, if not used in a proper way, might cause some problems. Sometimes even severe ones. The Internet is not an exception. However, it seems obvious that our lives without it would be much more difficult. Thus, even though in certain circumstances the Internet may be dangerous, the access should never be banned.
Podobne wypracowania do Advantages and disadvantages of the Internet (essay) - Zalety i wady Internetu (rozprawka)
- Description of a monster - Opis potwora
- References (an example) - Referencje (przykładowe)
- AIDS - the plague of our times (essay) - AIDS - zaraza naszych czasów (esej)
- Terrorism - the greates thread of our times. Essay - Terroryzm - największe zagrożenie naszych czasów. Esej
- Learning is fun: description of a picture - Uczenie się jest fajne: opis obrazka
- Letter of application for a waiter/ waitress - List motywacyjny - barman/ barmanka
- Description of a trip - Opis wycieczki
- An introduction letter to a English penfriend - List o sobie do korespondencyjnego przyjaciela
- Reference letter - computer scientist - List motywacyjny - informatyk
- Description of an item - Opis przedmiotu
- Teenagers and their problems with personality (article) - Nastolatki i ich problemy z osobowością (artykuł)
- What will the world be like in 100 years? - Jak będzie wyglądał świat za 100 lat?
- Write a letter to language school in Brighton and ask about English classes - Napisz list do szkoły językowej w Brighton, w którym poprosisz o informacje na temat kursów języka angielskiego
- In danger: description of a picture - W niebezpieczeństwe: opis obrazka
- A souvenir - description of a thing - Pamiątka - opis rzeczy
- A description of your city - Opis twojego miasta
- Description of a sport - Opis sportu
- A letter to an English friend in which you recommend places worth visiting in Poland - List do przyjaciela z Anglii, w którym polecasz mu miejsca warte odwiedzenia w Polsce
- Spending free time: description of a picture - Spędzanie czasu wolnego: opis obrazka
- Description of a living room - Opis salonu