Abortion - for or against? (essay) - Aborcja - za czy przeciw? (rozprawka)
JUŻ 9902 WYPRACOWANIA W BAZIE!
Abortion is being defined as 'the deliberate ending of a pregnancy at an early stage'. Should it be prohibited or should women be allowed to decide if they want to have such an operation? In many countries, including Poland, this issue is under discussion most of the time. Both sides of this dispute try to convince their opponents, with no visible effect, though. In some people’s opinion, abortion should never be taken into consideration. In contrast, there is a group of those, who think that women should have the right to decide regardless of circumstances. According to the most popular approach, the answer should depend on some significant aspects.
The problem is complex and therefore, as always in such situations, those who are in favour and those who are against can present powerful arguments. There are various reasons for which we could support both sides and the main problem is to decide, which right is more important – the right to live or the right to decide about your own life. As we can see, this is not an example of a situation, in which we can make a clear division between something that is good and something regarded as evil. As a result, if we want to present our own opinion on the matter, it would be reasonable to familiarize with both sides’ arguments.
Those who are against abortion are considered to have adopted a conservative approach. From their point of view there is no difference between abortion and killing. They point out that the consequence of such an operation is death of an unborn child. In their opinion this child is simply being punished for someone else’s faults, often because of someone’s immaturity.
According to this approach, adopted mainly by Roman Catholics, only God can decide whether somebody is going to die or not. Members of the Roman Catholic Church claim that there are no reasons, which can justify abortion, since people should not be allowed to decide, whether a child has the right to live.
Their opponents have strong arguments too. They indicate that there are circumstances, in which abortion seems to be the only reasonable solution. For instance, they say that it is inhumane to make somebody have a baby, if a particular woman has become a rape victim. What is more, they also stress that in some situations woman’s life may be in danger and ending of a pregnancy is the only way to save her.
Some people’s approach is even more liberal, though. From their point of view, our privacy should not be violated by anybody and they are of the opinion that we can deduce the right to abortion from our right to privacy. Such an approach is rather unpopular in our country and most of its adherents live in Western Europe.
As far as I am concerned, I think that this is a too complicated issue to answer just 'yes' or 'no'. Abortion should not be treated as a one – dimensional phenomenon, since it may take place in various circumstances. Therefore I suggest that we should distinguish between many different kinds of it.
First and foremost, from my point of view, it is impossible to say whether the right to decide or the right to live is the more important one. It depends. Unwanted pregnancies may result e.g. from immaturity of potential parents, but women may get pregnant as a result of a rape. These two situations are totally different. In my opinion, abortion cannot be the answer to every unplanned pregnancy. However, I think that sometimes we must not decide instead of pregnant women. If they are forced to have sex, it should be up to them whether they want to give birth to a rapist’s child or not. They should also be allowed to make a decision if their life is in danger – since there is no way to figure out whose life is more important – child’s or mother’s.
- Write a story about two children who got lost in the jungle. Do not forget about happy end - Napisz opowiadanie o dwójce dzieci zagubionych w dżungli. Historia powinna mieć szczęśliwe zakończenie
- Choosing a job and its consequences: description of a picture - Wybieranie pracy i tego konsekwencje: opis obrazka
- Big family - advantages and disadvantages of having many brothers and sisters. Essay - Duża rodzina - zalety i wady posiadania licznego rodzeństwa. Esej
- A report on your town (positive and negative things) - Raport na temat twojego miasta (rzeczy pozytywne i negatywne)
- My future - Moja przyszłość
- Advantages and disadvantages of being famous (essay) - Wady i zalety bycia sławnym (rozprawka)
- A letter about your healthy way of life - List o twoim sposobie na zdrowe życie
- My favourite holiday - description - Moje ulubione święto - opis
- You read an article on illegal download of Internet files. Write a letter to the newspaper and express your opinion - Przeczytałeś artykuł na temat nielegalnego ściągania internetowych plików. Napisz do gazety i wyraź swoje zdanie na ten temat
- Description of a historic monument - Opis zabytku
- When people live far away from each other their friendship dies (essay) - Kiedy ludzie mieszkają daleko od siebie, ich przyjaźń się kończy (esej)
- My dream wedding. Description - Ślub moich marzeń. Opis
- Degradation of the natural environment - description of a place that is particularly endangered (Upper Silesia) - Degradacja środowiska naturalnego - opis miejsca szczególnie zagrożonego (Górny Śląsk)
- Living in a multicultural society - advantages and disadvantages. Essay - Życie w społeczeństwie wielokulturowym - zalety i wady. Rozprawka
- What would you take to a desert island with you? - Co zabrałbyś z sobą na bezludną wyspę?
- Disadvantages and advantages of a car - Wady i zalety samochodu
- A note to an English friend about a history project - Notatka do kolegi w związku z projektem z historii
- My male friend - Mój przyjaciel
- Violence and agression in mass media - opinion - Przemoc i agresja w mediach - opinia
- Means of transport in the future - Środki komunikacji w przyszłości